«
»

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Burgers

I like cheeseburgers. I'm not crazy like a guy on the radio who has tried almost every hamburger in the city and ranked them, but I could see myself doing it if 1) I was not worried about my heart (and with a family history of heart disease, I am), 2) had a lot of money to do it, 3) had the time to do it, 4) was single to avoid spousal mocking, 5) many other reasons.

So far, I like the bacon cheeseburger at Crown and Anchor the most because they have the right amount of mustard and I add Chalula (hot sauce) that just makes it so good (good fries too - one of the cooks adds some special spice instead of just salt). Dirty Martin's is a little greasy. Dan's is right up there (I got the jalapeno burger and man, I didn't know that there would be more jalapeno than meat). I am planning on doing a taste test of the three $1 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys, but just haven't got around to doing it (or convincing Becca to eat at least 1 of them since 3 is quite a bit, even for me).

Of course, I like making my own burgers because you can add anything you want to the meat or add whatever condiments you want. We've made basil mozzerella burgers, spicy burgers, etc. One secret is adding a couple tablespoons of brown sugar to each pound of ground beef. We almost always grill the meat, but pan frying works well sometimes too. If you're on the road, I found this great product from Iran that every burger lover needs. Yummy!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Where did you find that on-the-go burger maker? Weird!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I learned years ago not to ask that question