«
»

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Photography's Itchy

I forgot to mention that I won the ward (church) photography contest that we had for a service project called CROP walk. Basically, you walk and raise money for people around the world that struggle to eat and have clean water. Anyway, I won best overall picture (the American flag one), best nature picture (the bee pollinating the tree), and most ward members photographed (68, versus 62 that Marc Turner, the really good photographer, got).




These are some "nature" photos from our bluebonnet adventure yesterday. I usually post the "artistic" photos here and any with family on the other blog. I do have to say that I took most of the shots holding the camera, but Becca brought the tripod, so I used that for some family photos. I had 10 seconds to sprint over and get set. We also had to make sure that Riley was looking at the camera. Let's just say that I got a workout running back and forth. I was the only one wearing shorts and later, my legs were so itchy and covered with some hives. I don't know if there was some residue on the wildflowers or what, but I had to wash and lotion my legs and take a claritin for some relief.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

That flag picture is amazing! and I really like the bee in the flowers one too.. what a pro!