«
»

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Softball

Today were the first two games of our church's coed softball season. The first game was a fun 17-1 drubbing and helped us work out the batting order and some of the positions. In the second game, it was back and forth most of the game. In the bottom of the 5th, we were down 8-6 with the home team coming to bat and 8 minutes left on the clock. If we could get the 3 outs and get a man to the plate, we could force 1 last inning. We did just that, getting the 3rd out with 2 minutes to go. I think the other team was a little miffed about it and were trying to stall. We then went on a 7 run rally, going up 13-8. The were in a weak part of their lineup and got 2 strikeouts and a short pop-up to our pitcher. Yeah, go team! I felt like I played well. My first at bat was an in the park home-run (I led off) and I had some decent stops at shortstop. I only made one error trying to complete a 6-3 doubleplay (I threw wide to 1st). Anyway, it was fun to get out and play again. We have two more games next week and then a tournament the week after with the championship game sometime in July.

0 comments: