Wow. The ending of the Utah-TCU game last night was amazing, but almost gave me a heart attack. The ending was starting to look eerily similar to the Texas-Texas Tech ending, and I was getting nervous. Here are the similarities:
Texas trailed nearly the whole game. Utah trailed nearly the whole game.
Texas scored a TD in the last 2 min to go ahead. Utah scored a TD in the last 2 min to go ahead.
Texas Tech methodically started driving down the field. TCU started driving down the field.
Texas dropped a sure interception. Utah dropped a sure interception (near the same part of the field).
Texas Tech threw a last second pass to the 5 yd line and Michael Crabtree spun and got a TD. TCU threw a last second pass to the 5-10 yd line and Utah INTERCEPTED it!
I'm still hoping that things fall in place and Texas climbs back into the top 2 in the BCS and goes to the national championship. They are a great, great team. Colt MyBoy just gets it done and knows how to win. I've really enjoyed watching them this year. Brian Johnson is similar to Colt, he gets it done and wins, sometimes not in the prettiest fashion, but is a smart QB (except he makes a few more mistakes and turns it over too much). Utah has a game at San Diego St. that they should win and then play BYU for the outright MWC championship and most likely a BCS berth (if they win out, they'll go - Boise St. has a low SOS and won't be able to pass Utah). The TCU and BYU games should also improve their SOS (which also includes a win over PAC-10 leading Oregan St.). It's unrealistic to believe that Utah (or any non-BCS school) to make the BCS championship, but the Fiesta Bowl would be nice.
If Texas fails to make the championship, I hope that Utah plays Texas in the Fiesta Bowl. That would be awesome, but would kill me because I don't know who I would root for and I hate those people with the half and half shirts. I might have to delay my start date at CPP (I put 1/5/09). The Fiesta Bowl is 1/5/09. Hmm. Don't know how Becca would feel about spending money rather than making it.
Here are the highlights from Texas vs. Texas Tech - heart breaking:
Friday, November 7, 2008
Football May Be Shortening My Life
Posted by Scot at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sad I missed the game last night. I've been looking forward to it for awhile. I feel torn at this point. Do I continue to bleed blue and cheer for the Cougars in the upcoming game? Or do I think about the "good of the MWC" and cheer for the Utes and the chance for a MWC team to possibly play for the national championship? I guess I'll wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. Congrats on a great win. I'm proud of our MWC this year.
4:59- you can see my muss group and me right below the scoreboard under college! SOOO AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment