Last night was my last UT football game here in Texas, at least as a student. My sister Shana was in town from LA for Thanksgiving, so I took her with me. The game was against the hated Texas A&M Aggies. Even at 4-7 (now 4-8), it's a rivalry game, so you can't always predict how things go. I brought my Canon Rebel XT to the game, so I got some better pictures. Online, it says that you can't bring a camera with a detachable lense (what they call "professional" cameras), so I didn't bring it, but I've noticed plenty of people with them, so I took it this time.
.
.
I like to get to the stadium about 30 minutes early. The Showband of the Southwest (UT's band) comes out and fills the field and gets the crowd going. They have one of the biggest drums, the biggest Texas flag (they actually have 2 now, they just got a new one), and the biggest LCD screen in the world (area, the one at Dolphin stadium has a longer diagonal).
.
.
What I learned last night was that bands can spell. Here is the Texas band making a UT, a T, and TEXAS.
.
.
Two years ago when TAMU came to town, I enjoyed watching their band march at halftime. They march up and down the field with parade moves (tradition from their military history). Did you know that Texas A&M sends more students into the armed services than any other college besides the service academies? Their march is so clean with straight lines and precision moves, you can't help and notice how good it is. They can also spell, making the block ATM (Texas A&M).
.
.
Texas won the game 49-9 with Colt McCoy making his case for Heisman with 311 yards passing and 2 TDs (no INT) and 49 yards rushing with 2 TDs. We'll see if it's enough for voters to keep UT ahead of OU (who they beat 45-35 on a neutral field), which would put them in the Big 12 championship game and if they won that, the national championship game.
.
If OU goes ahead in the BCS polls, UT will probably end up in the Fiesta Bowl against USC (unless Oregan St. lose, and then Utah would probably get the Fiesta Bowl nod). Utah will likely end up in the Sugar Bowl against the SEC championship game loser (Alabama or Florida). Wouldn't it be great to see Urban Meyer coach Florida against Utah? Not really, Florida is scary good right now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment