«
»

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The One

Sometimes in our lives we spend a lot of time trying to find "the one". Sometimes it causes anxiety or impatience. Sometimes we just live our lives and wait for it. Sometimes we do everything we can to find it, going through many "ones" to find "the one". This may be "the one" that we marry, "the one" that will buy our house, "the one" job that we would love to have, "the one" salary we would like to get, "the one" house that is right for our family, "the one" birthmother that will choose us to adopt their unborn child, etc. For some of these, there is a lot we can do to work towards it. For some, sometimes "the one" just has to happen. In a world where we love to have control over our lives, sometimes we don't. We hope, we wait, we live our lives, and then "the one" comes along or "the one" happens. When it does, though, we are glad that "the one" came along and realize that "the one" came in the right way or at the right time. But I understand from personal experience that sometimes we think we know better and we get down on ourselves or life because "the one" hasn't happened. To this I say that there is hope, to keep living, to work hard towards your goals, to keep socializing, to keep praying, and to be happy. "The one" will come along, maybe after a little longer time that you'd like, but it will be worth it.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

I really appreciate this. It's something I've been thinking about lately and have been impatiently waiting for in my life. I like the way you put it into words. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I really like this post, too. I always feel like this phase will end but I think it doesn't, I have to learn how to deal with waiting.