Well, today is the first day of the new semester. It really isn't different than most days. In graduate school, my research is my job, so I still come in during breaks unless I'm on vacation. It just means more traffic, more students around, and that I have to remember what classes I signed up for. I only have 1 class this semester - my last class of my college career. The rest of my time is working on my dissertation. I'm a little sad that it is my last class, because I like learning and there are some classes that I would have liked to take, but just don't have the time. On the other hand, I'm over it and just want to be done. I think that 20+ years of school is about enough. Time to go make some real money. I can't complain. My fellowships have paid me well enough, but it's time to find out my earning potential. So, here's to 2008 and finishing school!
I don't know if Becca remembered that today was the first day of the semester since I usually go in anyway, but she got up with Riley and made waffles. Thanks! She also put a twix bar in the lunch I made from some secret hidden stash I didn't know she has. I'm a lucky boy. It's probably a good thing the candy is in a secret stash since I don't have much self control when there is good candy in the house. She didn't take a picture of me on the first day of the semester, but that's a good thing. I was a little groggy this morning and realized that I have a blue and black striped shirt with brown corduroy pants (are those out of style now? I don't see anyone else wearing them anymore). Oh well, I'm a guy, and I'm an engineer. At least I have a brown belt and brown shoes on.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Back to school, I hope I don't look like a fool ... oops
Posted by Scot at 11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You write very well.
Post a Comment