So, in no way is this post begging for comments (or is it?). But I think each of us has that little internal desire to get comments. We hate when we get a graded paper back and there are no markings and an 89%. What happened here? What did I do wrong? Right? I call it the ebay syndrome. The beauty of ebay is that everyone gets feedback. It gives them validation. Hey, look, I'm an adult, but a gold star still means something - it doesn't matter that it's on the computer rather than my forehead or shirt. Sometimes, a comment just lets you know that someone else is out there. Sometimes, it has something constructive to add. Sometimes it's validation of a good or bad job. Some people peep at other people's blogs (see this posting from a friend), but sometimes I peep on the comments. What do others say about other's posts? Anyway, enough of this lunacy - here's your gold star, so stop asking. But make sure to leave a comment first!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
4 gold stars from me. I love reading your posts.
I'm a comment junkie, too. You have to know that your work is appreciated! Your posts are great (and I think that parenthesis are cool, too [but not as cool as you do]).
Hi Scot,
I am sort of a blog stalker, but I do leave comments. If you want to reciprocate in the stalking, I'm at http://seethecat.wordpress.com/.
Post a Comment