«
»

Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Jeans vs. Old Jeans

I like new clothes. I like new sheets. They just feel right: crisp and fresh. I don't get new clothes or new sheets that often. I just got a pair (ok, two pairs) of jeans using Christmas money and am wearing one today.

You don't realize how much your old jeans have faded and been worn, but for those reasons, they have become a good friend. You know they feel right and they've been there for you through thick and thin. But you also know that not after long, they will be relegated down the ladder to work jeans. And the work jeans will become painting jeans. And the painting jeans will become rags.

The new ones are young, vibrant, ready to go and see the world. They are crisp and the color is sharp, and dang, they make your butt look good. So which is better? I don't know, but it's the circle of l[ev]ife.

0 comments: