«
»

Saturday, January 19, 2008

What a good husband!?

Ok, I'm just trying to make myself look good and make up for other weeks, but this week I've been triply good about "date" nights. The "" adds subjectivity so I don't get flamed if someone doesn't think that the "date" is a date.

On Tuesday, I came home and Riley was napping and Becca was sitting at the top of the stairs reading a book. She looked up and I immediately thought one of those, "I better take her to dinner tonight because if I ask what's for dinner, I'm not going to be alive to eat dinner again". I guess Riley had been whiny all day and was getting into everything. Anyway, we headed to Carino's because they have a $19.99 deal (like the european prix fix) where you get unlimited bread, soup, salad, a chioce of an entree each, and a desert (until Feb 10th). We had never been, but it was decent, like Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden. Actually, of all things I was impressed by their croutons. And their Italian chocolate cake. Of course, Riley was good because she had been bad all day for her mom and flirted with everyone at the restaurant. Afterwards, I wanted to get a new pair of jeans (previous post) and Becca wanted to go to the outlets up in Round Rock because she had some coupons to some kids stores (she has become the queen of coupons, giveaways, etc. - she even got the sunday paper as an investment on the coupons [she's keeping track to see if the paper will continue]). So, I guess we could call that date 1.

Last night (Friday), our church put on a play about Joseph Smith. It was quite well done. The script was a compilation of various people's journal entries that spoke about their encounters with Joseph Smith. Usually, the actor spoke the journal excerpt while the action was being played on another part of the stage. There was some singing and overall was worth going to. Riley was pretty good even though it got a little late for her and got a little scared everytime people clapped.

Becca has designated tonight as movie night. So, not bad for "dates" this week, however lame you call going to dinner and outlets as a date (if she counts it, that's all the validation you need). I am a little embarassed to admit, but we still haven't used a babysitter. Part of it is that all the youth we know live pretty far away, but also because we still are a little nervous (I think Becca a little moreso than me). We'll get over it. We also hate imposing (read asking) on people because we are ... well, no excuse really, just retarded. Maybe if we got out of our shell more and started doing more stuff with friends and their kids.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Hey Scott, I would've felt funny leaving a comment on the comment post, but am happy to drop a line over here. As I was reading this I kinda laughed when you questioned dinner as a date. For Nicki and I that is the ultimate date. We thoroughly enjoy getting out to eat and routinely utilize that for our "date's" (my quotes come not from my query about my wife's interpretation, but from the fact that others reading this might not qualify going to eat as a date). For us eating at a restaurant is a bit of a departure and so brings some excitement. We love making sure that if we visit someplace frequently that we change up the menu and not get into a rut.
Oh yeah, and we usually find that we only need one appetizer and one entree between the two of us. Half the fun is in the sharing (who gets what).

Scot said...

Yeah, we usually order together to try two things, or go halfers. I guess my question was more about the "date" activity if there is one and if going to a store counts. Wal-Mart, target, HEB, probably not. Outlet, clothes store, probably, but I guess it should be at night or on Saturday? So many questions. jk.

Tiffany said...

We haven't left Landon with anyone either yet. I think because he's just so easy. For us, I guess out "date's" are eating out too. We just don't "go out" as much. We usually go out to eat when I don't want to cook. Don't know if you can consider that as a real date then. We have gone over to friends houses but does that count? Dinner and games over at other people's houses? I guess a date to me would be doing something enjoyable and relaxing. No running errands.