I decided to start my own blog so that I would have a separate place to write some of what is going on in my life, thoughts I had, or things that I like to do. Some things might be doubled in my family blog, wayefamily.blogspot.com, but it ends up being mostly about Riley, which is perfectly fine. We set up the family blog after trying out setting up a website for the whole family to dump pictures, emailing photos, using kodak galleries, calling on the phone, and using webcams. This seemed to be the easiest format for family and friends to see pictures and updates for our family (mostly how Riley is growing and what she is doing). It allows for people to see what they want to see. So, it takes some of the pressure off us for information dissemination and puts it back on those that want the information. It also allows for a more streaming avenue of pictures, video, and text.
Blogging changes the way that I live to some extent. I find myself asking, "how can I blog this" or "what picture would be the best to share" or "I should take a picture of this so that I can blog it". Anyway, it's been good for the purpose of keeping a family history of sorts. Maybe one day, we will use the blog posts to make a book (there are a few places that do it) so that we have a paper copy. Even though everything is going electronic (another discussion for another day), it's nice to have a physical copy of some things, especially since this format will probably be obsolete in 5 years.
Well, I hope that my musings in the future will be entertaining, enlightening, interesting, and help you get into Scot's thoughts. Enjoy!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Welcome
Posted by Scot at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Scot-do you know of any of the webstites that actually print the blogs? I am looking forward to your many words of wisdom...
Hey, try blurb.com if you are thinking about making a book out of your blog. Or try "printing a book from your blog" in google (don't put the quotes) and a couple of interesting things come up.
Here is another site: http://blogs2books.blogspot.com/ that downloads your blog pages and helps format it. You have to then take it to a print shop.
Post a Comment