I didn't want to disappoint by using a vacation as an excuse for not posting Food Friday. When we went to Hollywood, I wanted to go to a place I heard about on the Food Network. The place is called Pink's. The hot dog stand has been around since 1939, so it had to be good. I don't think that we were disappointed. They had traditional and not so traditional dogs. Some were named after various celebrities (my mother-in-law got the "rosie"). The wait in line was pretty long, but once you placed your order, it was pretty quick to get out. I got the Brooklyn Pastrami Swiss Cheese Dog. Becca got the Chili Cheese Dog.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Food Friday
After the temple of Friday, Cory directed us to Diddy Riese - an ice cream place where you can get an ice cream sandwich with two fresh cookies for $1.50! I had a chocolate chip and chocolate with white chocolate chip cookies with strawberry ice cream. Becca had chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and mint chocolate chip ice cream. They were so good. I got a tip for another long-time LA establishment - Canter's (est. 1931). I got the Pastrami and Rye (with mustard, of course). Becca got Matzo ball soup. I highly recommend the sandwich (also the Rueben, which my mother-in-law got).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They're $1.50 now? When I was out there, it used to be only $1! Good deal no matter what though! I miss that place. OOHHH, there's this chicken and waffles place that's another place to go. Maybe if you have time you should check it out!
chicken and waffles place? ohhh k tiffany :0
Post a Comment