«
»

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Barton Creek

This afternoon I rode at Barton Creek. Last time I rode there was more than a year ago and it must've been dryer because the creek was a lot fuller this time (last time it was dry where the bike route was) and there was a lot more brush/weeds. For some reason, at some places there is water and then it disappears and then reappears downstream. I had something like 4 dry creek crossings and 4 wet crossings (up to my knees). At first, I tried to avoid the water as much as possible and it led me down a trail that I think is more for hikers than bikers because it had a 2 foot wide rock ledge 20' above the water with a chain bolted to the wall. Needless to say, I had to carry my bike on that part. I tracked my route on GPS and it looks pretty good, but I think there are a few points that are off, maybe because I was under heavy brush.
.


0 comments: