A few days ago, my friend Scott asked Adam and I if we were in for a "sunrise surprise" this morning. Anyway, he meant an early bike ride. Adam's bike was in the shop for a tune-up, but Scott and Scot went out for a ride. We even moved it to just after sunrise, 6:30 (in the am persuasion). Of course, this was at our favorite local park, Walnut Creek.
.
According to GPS, we went 5.1 miles. The bike computer said 5.54. I think I am trusting the GPS more, especially since the state of the tread and the tire pressure will slightly change the bike computer calculation (it just measures the rpm and multiplies it by the tire size you programmed - which could be slightly off depending on the tire). I also think that the topo map I have is a little off with the park boundaries. The track looks correct as far as where we were along the stream, the power lines, and creek crossings, but the south boundary seems off. There is a trail right against the fence there and both times I've tracked the ride, it shows us riding outside the park. I love the profile because I think it makes us look tough, like we fell off a 60' cliff or something. I don't remember anything that extreme, but hey, the profile is proof.
.
We hit at least 3 new trails that we've never ridden and did it all in less than an hour. I actually got home about the same time I usually get woken up by Riley. I still was the first one in the office. Everyone thinks I'm a really early riser, which is funny since I usually get up at 7:30. I guess it helps that I live just 2 miles away and can get here in 5-10 minutes.
.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Sunrise Surprise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment