«
»

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tiger killed my internet

On monday, I pulled up the streaming video of the US Open playoff (Tiger vs. Rocco). It was a pretty exciting tournament. Right when Tiger teed off on the 18th hole, the video froze. Just about the worst time to freeze up. Anyway, ever since then, my wireless has run slow. After doing some investigating, I found out that I have a bandwidth limit each week - 500MB. I used to have more because I was staff, but my current status is just a student. Anyway, when I looked at the graph, the peaks from Monday added up to 462MB, eating up most of my bandwidth for the week. After you hit 500MB, it downgrades you to "2nd-class" and it runs really slow. At least I found out what was going on instead of thinking I had some spyware, some other problem. Here's to tomorrow and getting my weekly allowance reset.

1 comments:

Trotts said...

That whole thing was like Spanish to me. Bandwidth, 462MB, Spyware?