The biking gods were not in our favor today. We decided to go early (probably 20 minutes before sunrise). I woke up 30 minutes early (go back to sleep!) so I got up. It was a good thing because my front tire was totally flat. My tube looked like it had a broken hernia or something. I'm glad that I always carry an extra tube. Right after starting, my chain was doing something funky and I looked down and realized that my front derailer was jacked up (it was bent in and down, so it was rubbing the sprocket and I couldn't shift up). We adjusted it enough to ride in middle gear, but when I climbed hills, it sounded like I was a roller coaster (that clicking chain sound). Looks like it's time for a tune-up. Jeff's seat was doing something funny and his front tire quick release was not tight, so he could've lost it. Nothing happened to Scott, luckily.
.
.
We rode about 6 miles and decided to go a little faster with a little less technical work. We did try to climb what I call the "staircase to heaven" (I don't think it has a name on any of the maps I've seen). There are stone shelves with loose rocks and needless to say, we didn't make it up very far, especially with ole roller coaster. I needed one more major loop to compete my compiled GPS map, so now I have ridden every trail at WC (and recorded it, except for 1 or 2 small trail connectors). Does anyone have suggestions for a different mapping program (I have mapsource, which came with my Garmin GPS). Maybe I'll add names of the trails and harder features. Of course, there's already a map from Austin Ridge Riders that I use, but I don't like some of the directions they choose to go on some of the trails.
.
.
Today:
0 comments:
Post a Comment