«
»

Friday, August 15, 2008

Coldorado (sic)

Hey, coming to you from Denver International after a great interview with a firm in Ft. Collins. I knew it would be nice to come to Colorado and escape the heat of Texas. When I left, we were working on day 47 of 100 degree weather for this summer. They told me in Ft. Collins they had broken the record for most 90 degree days. I can live with that. Yesterday, I was driving around getting an idea of what different neighborhoods were like and got caught in a huge hailstorm. I saw at least marble size hail and in some places they got up to the size of golf balls. It sounded like someone was throwing baseballs at my windows and taking a bat to the side and roof of the car. I was worried that the car was going to sustain hail damage, but luckily the hail was a little slushy and not rock hard. The hail beating lasted between 5-10 minutes, which seems like a really long time when you think the windshield is going to shatter. This morning, I looked at the weather and the high is 56. 56! I haven't seem that temperature since night-time sometime in February or March in Austin. It was pretty cold. Here's to the hope that fall will come sooner than later in Austin this year.

2 comments:

Becca said...

You just can't stop rubbing it in, can you?

Trotts said...

So, how was the interview?