I have found that I prefer when people are around at work. I like the noise and the buzz of everyone else working gets me going as well. I like being able to take a break and talk to someone. Today, I'm the only one here. Classes started, and most of my research group has Tuesday and Thursday classes (taught mostly by the professors in my research group), so they are down on campus most of the day and not up here at the research campus. The few others that are done with classes are still in Europe after a conference in Denmark. They'll be back in the next week or two. It does feel nice not to have any classes. In fact, my colleagues were talking about it and I thought to myself, "huh. I guess it is that time of year". There aren't any classes that I even wish I were taking. By my count, I've taken 74 classes (including research hours) during 8.5 years of college. No classes gives me the time that I need to write my dissertation without distractions, which puts more pressure and responsibility soley on myself. T-minus about 5 weeks until I have to be done with my dissertation.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment