«
»

Monday, August 25, 2008

Update

Because a few have asked, I'll give a quick update on recent events. I have essentially finished my research and am in the dissertation writing stage. Working backwards from the December 5th deadline for dissertation submission, I have about 6 weeks to finish writing and get it to my advisor before it goes to my whole dissertation committee. They will have a month to review it (I'll probably write another journal paper during that time) and then I have to defend it (give a presentation and then they ask a bunch of questions), revise it, and turn it in. I didn't walk for my bachelors or masters because I knew I wasn't done with school (and graduations are pretty boring to me), but I think I'll finally walk during graduation and get hooded (Dec 6th, I think). Dr. Scot. Hmm, sounds like Dr. Spock.

It'll be a fun fall. I'll finish the bulk of my writing before a slew of family members come to visit. Who knew that threatening to move would encourage everyone to visit Austin? ;) My sister and her family from NC are going to come (I'm taking my brother-in-law with me to the Texas vs. Missouri football game - he has to get in a Big 12 fotball experience before we leave!) in mid-October. Another sister might come down around then if she can pull it off. A few days later we are going camping and then a few days later, Becca's mom comes for a week. My sister in LA is coming over Thanksgiving, then I'll graduate a week later (maybe my parents will come for that). My other sister is excused because she'll be having a baby, although we are still waiting for a niece and a girl cousin for Riley. What everyone doesn't know is that we will be assigning them a task to help prepare our house to sale. JUST KIDDING! Or am I?

Some have asked about how my interview went in Ft. Collins. I'll just say that it exceeded my expectations. Hopefully (and according to them) there will be more news on that front in a little while. I'll write more about it when it becomes more appropriate to do so. If you want more information, give me a call. I just don't want to put it on my blog yet.

Aside from mountain biking, gearing up for football season (watching - we got tickets again this year), volleyball season (playing - church league), working with the youth, and writing my dissertation, I'm trying to stay focused and sane.

0 comments: