«
»

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Acknowledgements

This precedes my dissertation:

There are many people to whom I owe my gratitude during my graduate studies. I would like to thank my dissertation committee for all of their support, guidance, and suggestions, both professionally and personally. They have all helped in some way to help me develop as a better person and researcher, defining and solving a wide array of problems and overcoming challenges along the way. I acknowledge Dr. Novoselac for his help with some experiments and for his excitement. I also especially thank Dr. Corsi for much of his guidance while I was forming my dissertation concept. My colleagues have been helpful in asking and answering questions and directing me to resources that I needed. I especially thank Michael Waring and Donghyun Rim.

I am grateful for the funding opportunities that have allowed me to continue my studies and support my family. I benefited from the opportunity to be part of the first cohort of trainees under the National Science Foundation IGERT program for Indoor Environmental Science and Engineering. It helped my professional development and brought me the sense of community that I needed during this time.

Lastly, I must thank my family for their support and encouragement. I thank my parents for their example of tenacity, professional responsibility, work ethic, continued education, and lifelong learning. I have worked many years to better think out of the box and approach problems from different directions. Lastly, but most of all, I am grateful for the support of my wife Becca and the hard work she has put in while finishing her own education, working, and raising our daughter. Riley, I owe my desire to finish this work to you, as you have given me an even greater reason to live and be successful.

1 comments:

Suzy said...

that's really sweet. good job, scot.