On Saturday, we went to the #3 Big 12 champs Texas volleyball game versus Colorado. Unfortunately, many of the previous games conflict with other committments so we weren't able to go. It was pretty fun. One thing that I noticed is that it is hard to photograph. They ask the crowd to not use flash photography, so that leads to longer exposures to allow enough light into the lense. Fast moving athletes just don't go with slow shutter speeds. There was 1 official photographer taking pictures and I noticed that he had remote control, wireless flashes. Unfair. When he took a picture, all the lights in the gym flashed. It only lasted a fraction of a second, but was noticable if you looked for it. I set a faster shutter speed and took bursts of photos and got 1 (yes 1) photo that took advantage of his flash. Here is outside hitter 6'4" Destinee Hooker serving. She is All-American and awesome (not to mention she is the NCAA high jump champion - 6'2.25").
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Sports Photography
Posted by Scot at 9:04 PM
Labels: Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment