Moving into a new house provides many opportunities for handyman skills. I have replaced door handles, put in better shower heads, taken down an old Dish network dish, etc. Here's the oddest skill that I used over the past little bit: cutting a box spring in half to get it into the basement. The stairs to the basement go halfway down and then turn 180 degrees. Measurement of the landing halfway down: 78". Length of bed: 79" (and yes, I tried to turn the bed the other way, but it was too tall). I got the idea of cutting the box springs in half from a friend of Becca's (here). It actually worked out really well using a marker, razor, and jigsaw. Courtney headed to Fort Collins for a few days before heading back to SLC for school (and too watch the Sugar Bowl with another Ute fan). So far, the bed hasn't tacoed her.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Handyman
Posted by Scot at 11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's nothing rookie... come back when you cut your mattress in half...
Post a Comment