So there I was. Sitting on the pot in the bathroom stall at work. There's one stall and one urinal. For the most part, to stay environmentally friendly, and cut costs, the light is kept off. I entered, turned on the light, and got down to business. Another entered, and as most people do, you freeze and don't make a noise. I don't know what it is. It's like we are embarrassed for being there. But everyone poops. We just don't want anyone to know it. Riley will tell me, "I poop in my pants" and "poop in the bum" without reservation, but for us, someone else in the bathroom means covert undercover maneuvers. If there are two stalls, you hope that they don't enter in. Even worse is when there is a standoff, where neither will move, sometimes for an hour, before someone gives in.
So there I was, getting ready to start cleanup in aisle 1, and the other man enters. Couldn't tell who it was by their shoes. I guess I haven't been here long enough. He finished, I let out my held breath, and then it happened. He walked out and the lights went off. Pitch black. Interior bathroom. Seal on the door. Black. For a split second, there is a decision to be made. You can cry out in terror/shock/amusement, but then your cover is blown. You have about 0.13 seconds before the door closes and he is gone. But 0.13 seconds isn't long enough to realize what happened, think, and yell out, "HEY! I'M ON THE POT IN HERE! COME BACK AND TURN ON THE LIGHT!" So there I was, in the dark, pants around the ankles. I could only imagine sneaking out of the stall and being half naked when in comes the president of the company, flipping the lights on. Luckily that didn't happen and I got out of there in one piece.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Dark and Bare
Posted by Scot at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude, always have your cell in your pocket - it's a flashlight in an emergency.
And I'm glad you're safe and made it out ok.
I really needed a good laugh. Thanks! Becca must be so proud having you post that.
Post a Comment