«
»

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk? Hook 'em Horns!

Ok, so I kind of like the Kansas chant of "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!" Say it. It's fun. Hook 'em Horns is a little weird for me to say, but it's fun to make the longhorn sign with your hand and chant Texas (one half of the stadium) Fight (other half of the stadium).

My friend Kent and I went to the #11 Texas vs. #3 Kansas basketball game last night. It was an awesome game! It was close almost the whole time and the crowd was pumped up and loud. I think that it was the loudest that I've heard that stadium. We were on the last row of the upper bowl, but it was actually kind of nice because we sat on our seat backs and could stand on a ledge behind us. At times the stadium was rocking (the ground was shaking from people jumping up and down and stomping). Between some awesome dunks and putbacks, blocks, and 4 3's by 6'10" Conner Atchley, it was fun to watch. I bought the tickets a month or two ago thinking this would be the best home game this year, and I guessed right.

Last year, we got the sports pass and student season tickets to football. With season tickets to football, you get an assigned seat to the home games (in the 90,000 person stadium that is usually sold out) and are gauranteed a ticket to the Texas vs. Oklahoma game in Dallas (Red River Shootout). Usually, you can sell this ticket and pay for your sports pass and season tickets (and actually make a little money). The tickets can be resold unless it's on University property. With the sports pass, you also get admission to the rest of the sports (including basketball). I missed the signup date over the summer last year. If you are a UT student, let me know if you are interested in doing this next year (football home games: Florida Atlantic, Arkansas, Rice, Missouri, Oklahoma St., Baylor, Texas A&M). I still haven't decided if I'll do it because hopefully I'll only be here in the fall and I might be trying to finish my work and do job interviews. When we did it last year, we ended up making about $75 per ticket and you can sit with friends at the games. As an investment, it was a 30% return in 3-4 months.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big 12 Basketball
...pfffffft.....its all about the ACC Baybeeeeeeee!

(j/k) Sounds like a fun game. Went to my first Duke home game three weeks ago, and sounds like a similar experience.

Also got my first and second round NCAA tourney tickets yesterday!