Yesterday was a good day.
My department (along with all other departments in all the colleges) can nominate up to 3 graduate students to fill out an application for a University fellowship. The criteria for selection are accomplishments during graduate school only (papers, conferences, community involvement, etc.). I was nominated in December and filled out the application and I found out yesterday that I have been rewarded one of the fellowships for the fall. Yeah!
I have been collaborating with another student at Virginia Tech on my research and she sent me a great lead on how to solve one of my problems. I was up late last night solving perhaps the hardest math problem (quiet, hecklers!) (link to past post) I’ve ever solved and it will help my research tremendously. Yeah 2! Now I just have to figure out how to solve the solution.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Good Day
On a weirder note, I heard on the radio that this morning, one of the freeways was really slow because 3 swans were on the road and wouldn’t get off.
Posted by Scot at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
way to go smarty!
congrats! doews that mean you will be staying in school any longer? ;)
Post a Comment