«
»

Monday, July 14, 2008

City rankings

Today, CNNMoney came out with a list of best small cities. #2 on the list? Ft. Collins. In 2006, Ft. Collins was #1 and Cary, NC was #5 (now #16 - my sister and her family live there [for them - in 2007, Apex was #14]), Rockville (near D.C.) was #26, and Folsom (Sacramento) was #34 (of course, how can you trust a list with Orem, UT at 38? [way too high] haha). These are all near places that I am looking for jobs. These lists always fluctuate because they change the metrics (last year, the small cities were all populations under 50,000, but this year and 2006, the criteria was higher, like 125,ooo or 150,000). If you look at other lists, I'm sure that the rankings would be totally different. I do know that they did a list of big cities in 2006 and Austin was #2 and Raleigh was #4. What does this all mean? Nothing, necessarily. Numbers are fun.

3 comments:

Farrah said...

Great minds think alike! I was checking this out earlier today and Josh and I were thinking about the advantages of Round Rock.

Krista said...

Hi. I don't even know you, but I know Suzy and I check out the blogs she has on her links... I just have to say that I grew up in Ft Collins, CO, and its the best!! And I know live in NC, so I guess I'm feeling pretty good about where I live(d). Thanks for the info!

Tami said...

We LOVE Cary, so we don't care where its ranked :)I hope you guys find somewhere that you like! Granted, there's this great house down the street for sale.... ;)