Scott, Jeff, and I went out this morning to scout out a route for an adventure race we are planning for the youth at Walnut Creek park. After we rode that route (~1.5 miles), we rode for fun. It was a pretty good ride. My odometer said 7.25 miles and the GPS said 6.6 miles. I did pump up my tires to maximum pressure right before the ride, so I think the odometer overestimated a little bit.
.
I drank too much water and rode up what I call "heart-breaker hill" and started feeling a little nauseous. I took it easy and then later had a little more water and rode another hard hill. When we got back to the parking lot at 5+ miles, Jeff got some water, Scott made an adjustment to his bike, and I sat on a park table bench, bent over, and puked three times. It had a nice burning citrus flavor from the glass of OJ I chugged before leaving home. Anyway, it was all water and after that, I felt great! We went and rode the bmx trail and had a good time. If you look at the profile, you can probably guess which hills did me in. I was proud to completely climb them.
.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Walnut Puke
.
Since I've started tracking rides, I've ridden Walnut Creek three times. Just for fun, I made a compiled map. It's starting to look like the park map which is a little exciting. If I had better software (this one doesn't even have the correct southern boundary of the park), I could make my own map just for me and my friends. You can tell the parts that I think are a little boring, because I don't really ride them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment